Leadership Training Grants Program
General Guidelines and Operating Procedures
The purpose of establishing a Grants Program is to provide financial assistance for Federations/Associations/Instructors groups affiliated with the Canadian Square & Round Dance Society to sponsor leadership training for new dancers or upgrade established callers/cuers/dance instructors.
- Grants are available to sponsor leadership training in the following dance categories: Modern Square, Round, Clogging, Line, and Contra.
- Any CSRDS affiliated group is eligible to receive a training grant providing that it has not received a CSRDS Grant for a period of 3 years.
- The most recently approved CSRDS application form must be used.
- Funds available will be allocated on the basis of greatest need. Groups must demonstrate financial need by submitting:
- a) a copy of the previous year’s financial statement
- b) a proposed budget for the training course including any financial assistance received from another organization
- A written application must be received by the Professional Development Committee at least six months prior to the clinic. Applications will be notified of the committee’s decision within 30 days after the receipt of all documentation.
- A summary of the clinician’s training and experience must be included.
- Include a course outline with the application.
- Those attending the course must be willing to complete a course evaluation and return it to the sponsoring group.
- No application will be considered for clinics or workshops that have already been held.
- Include a copy of the promotional/advertising literature being used.
- Individuals are not eligible for a leadership grant.
- Those attending a CSRDS Grant Receiving Course are eligible for a CSRDS Bursary.
Favourable consideration will be given to a group if:
- It has not sponsored a training course during the past three years using grant money from the CSRDS.
- The program is open to all Canadian Dance Instructors whether they are members of the sponsoring body or not.
- The course is twelve to sixteen hours minimum.
- The number taking the course is five or more.
- The sponsoring group must be prepared to pay 50% of the costs either through matching funds or the collection of tuition fees.
- Any additional cost incurred will not be covered by the CSRDS.
- The amount of the grant is 50% of costs but no greater than $1,000.00.
- All conditions being equal, grants will be awarded on the first come – first served basis.
- Half of the grant will be paid in advance of the clinic – the other half when the evaluations have been received.
- If the clinic is cancelled, for whatever reason, the money must be returned to the CSRDS.
- A portion of the grant is to be returned should the clinic realize a profit or have lesser expenses that budgeted.
One day courses and courses with less than five students will not be considered, although clinics or workshops held in remote areas will be given extra consideration.
For more information contact:
Bursaries & Leadership Grants Chairperson
Box 233, Milestone, SK. S0G 3L0
Stay in the Loop!
We’re on Pinterest!
Our Pinterest page features more than 25 boards covering the range of dance forms supported by the CSRDS.
With more than 1,500 links, you’ll find Pins on everything from promotional ideas, dance videos, square dance history to nostalgia, youth square dancing, and quirky square dance videos.